Macdonald Monchique is a bike-friendly hotel!
What is a Bikotel?
It’s a lodging that offers specific amenities to meet the needs of those who consider cycling their passion. The Monchique region offers fantastic conditions for various types of cycling, including road, mountain and downhill.
What does a Bikotel offer?
A Bikotel has all the necessary facilities and services to ensure cyclists have a more pleasant, stress-free stay.
- A closed and covered compartment for storing bicycles safely and securely
- A space in the central courtyard for washing bicycles
- Suitable menus for cyclists (meals that are rich in healthy protein, carbs, vegetables and fruit)
- Daily laundry and cleaning of cycling clothes in the hotel laundry
- A mini workshop in our secure garage, with basic tools and tyre-inflation facilities
- Outdoor bicycle parking – next to Reception and in the central courtyard
- Mountain biking and/or cycling routes (maps, technical data and GPS tracks) available from our leisure team (example regional cycling routes here)
- Bicycle rental
- GPS equipment rental
- Specialist guides to accompany or advise on routes
- Support line in case of need/emergency
- Associated stores for more complex troubleshooting
- Special sports massages at our spa
- Weather forecasts
- Transfers to/from the hotel
Cycling sample menu
- Pumpkin cream
- Caesar salad with boiled egg
- 220g Hamburger OR Fish of the day OR Vegetarian noodles
- Seasoned fruit with lemon sorbet
- €25.00 per person (drinks not included)
In addition to the menu above, you’ll find several healthy options on the menus in all our restaurants. Special dietary requirements can also be taken into consideration.